google info

Monday 7 March 2016

Waiting for my helpmeet

Yesterday at church we had a few special speakers and we had a group session with the YSA for 2 sessions put together. It was good except I was running late and then had to use the bathroom so I did not get to sit next to my boyfriend and was at the back of the room. But in typical YSA fashion there were 3 to 4 more rows added behind me.

The talk was good. They started with talking about the plan of salvation then it turned to marriage and dating advice. Coming from a marriage that broke up it was a bit hard to hear. I still miss that being close with a man. Having that person to go to bed with at night. The arms wrapped around me. And the best having someone to help with everything from cooking, cleaning, and just grocery shopping.  Im at a point in my single mom life that im just done doing it alone. I don’t want to do it alone.

It has been pushed in my face a lot. Going on facebook there has been a few articles going around about Adam and Eve. Talking about how eve was his helpmeet. How She was his partner. Talking about how she was not just there to be his cook, his cleaner, to do things for him. She was there to help him through things, to be a team, to do it together.

Eve was not meant to be exactly like Adam. She was made to be his opposite, possessing the other half of the qualities, responsibilities, and the things that he lacked. They were designed to fit together, perfectly, to have children, and to be a family.

They talked about marriage and dating. They talked about how they started dating, and how they went to the next step. How if they could see the person they were with being with there future kids. If they could see them as the head of the family. They also talked about how if the relationship is progressing then to step to the next level or to let them go. Its hard thinking about that. Its hard thinking about where I am in my relationship and where my dating partner is.


I know that being a single parent is hard. This is the hardest thing I have done. Raising three children and trying to make sure they have a relationship with there father and yet are safe when they are over at his house. Its hard, and even harder bringing a man in to my family. Its hard finding someone who cares not only about me, but my children. Now to just keep praying for my helpmeet. And to keep waiting, even though waiting is hard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment