google info

Sunday 20 March 2016

Dear Future Husband II

Dear Future Husband,

I am a mess. Broken inside and out. I hurt so much I lash out and hurt those I love. I will push you away the times I need you the most. Dear future husband, I will latch on to your physical needs as that is how I have been taught to show love. You will need to love me, before the physical me. Please be tender, caring, and soft with me. I know I may act like I want you to hurt me, just hold me close and kiss me on the forehead. Dear future husband, I'm sorry.

Dear Future Husband,

I come to you broken and hurt. Every kind word you say to me, I wonder when put down or jab will come. Every sweet touch of your hand makes me wonder when the sting of being hit will happen.

It's not your fault. You walked in on me when I was broken, hurt, and a mess. I kept my mouth shut for years. Tried to be the good wife. I kept it all bottled inside.

Dear future husband, this will be a long road for us. I have to learn to trust you. To let you in. I have to learn that I don't have do sexual things to make you happy. I have to learn that it's not my fault all the time. I have to learn to love again. And most of all I have to learn to be loved, and know I'm worthy of love.

Dear future husband, I pray for you. I pray that our Heavenly Father will bless you. I pray that you will seek him first. I pray that your days are blessed. I pray that our Heavenly Father guides you, that you soak up his word in scripture study and raise your voice to him in praise. I long for the day we will be able to kneel in prayer together. Sharing scripture with my children. I pray that we go to our Heavenly Father together with our problems. That we work on things together, and try to not raise our voices to each other.

Dear future husband, I pray that you find peace, love, and hope. I pray that you are surrounded by friends and loved ones. I pray that our Heavenly Father guide you in all you do. And most of all I pray that you are praying for me too.

Love,
Your future wife

4 comments:

  1. Just let me say something else...

    Don't settle for anyone who is less than amazing...

    Because you deserve amazing.

    You need to remember the principle of compensation.

    The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way...the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude.”

    (Quote from Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin Of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you tell me more about the principal of compensation? Links?

      Delete
  2. Doctrine and Covenants 56:19 For behold, the Lord shall come, and his recompense shall be with him, and he shall reward every man, and the poor shall rejoice;

    Conformity to the Lord’s word or law will invariably contribute to man’s happiness and salvation. Those who do not what the Lord commands, we are told, will be subjected to justice and judgment. In other words, there is eternally operative in the moral world a law of compensation and retribution—compensation commensurate with conformity to law; retribution in actual degree to the extent of disobedience.
    https://www.lds.org/manual/teachings-david-o-mckay/chapter-22?lang=eng#13-36492_000_026

    The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude."

    https://www.lds.org/ensign/2008/11/come-what-may-and-love-it?lang=eng

    AND...

    https://www.lds.org/manual/old-testament-seminary-teacher-manual/introduction-to-the-book-of-job/lesson-109-job-38-42?lang=eng

    AND...

    https://www.lds.org/ensign/2012/06/learning-to-cope-with-infertility?lang=eng

    AND...

    https://www.lds.org/manual/doctrine-and-covenants-and-church-history-seminary-teacher-manual-2014/section-02/lesson-60?lang=eng

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two more! (I am writing and research nerd)

    "If the Mosaic law schools us that Christ intended to make full restitution for the harms we suffer, it does not indicate how that could happen. Just as it is difficult to understand exactly how the Atonement satisfies the demands of justice for our sins, it is challenging to grasp how the Atonement works to make restitution to us for the sins of others. As is the case with most such “how” questions in the gospel, we must ultimately fall back on our faith and trust the Lord that His promises are true even if the mechanism is uncertain." Faith to Forgive Grievous Harms James R. Rasband (who was dean of the BYU Law School when this devotional address was given on 23 October 2012.)

    And...

    “Chosen to Bear Testimony of My Name” By Elder David A. Bednar Of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles Oct. 2015 General Conference

    https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2015/10/chosen-to-bear-testimony-of-my-name?lang=eng

    ReplyDelete