google info

Wednesday 2 March 2016

Daddy's home

Daddy's home!!! What a great thing to hear when your a child. But it's a sad thing when you come from a broken home.

I just finished watching the movie. I went by myself today as my anger and stress was high with the kids and I had a sitter anyways.

The movie makes me think a lot about my dating. The fact that I'm with a great guy who would be an awesome daddy some day. The opening reminds me of my youngest daughter who gave my boyfriend a really cute picture of a reindeer she made at school (who has chickenpox) and how he hung it up proudly in his room and sent me a photo of it.

It's hard for any person to come in on another persons turf. Even harder when the bio dad is not the greatest.

I only started introducing my boyfriend to the kids in the last month. I took 2.5 months to decide if I really liked him. If I saw any potential spouse qualities in him. And then I went and introduced slowly starting with a movie and pizza, then slowly going from there.

Last week when he had to leave my kids were sad. They went and asked to give him a hug goodbye. My son who has a harder time accepting people in his life was sad. When he had left my son asked if he could come back soon and if he would be back next weekend. It made me smile as earlier that day we (boyfriend and i) had to dish out discipline. Well I dished out he helped make sure it was being followed.

It's a hard road for someone to step in and be a parent to someone that is not biologically there own child. It takes a strong man to step in. Because boy those kids can wield words that hut.

I'm glad I found someone who is willing to try. Willing to love my kids and make sure they are on a good path to being well rounded people.

1 comment:

  1. My blog is ketchumkitchen.com and I’ve nominated you for the Liebster award! The Facebook message I posted in the Blogging Boost group was deleted because I didn’t realize I could only post that message on Friday, so I’m emailing you directly to let you know.

    Head on over to my blog to see the rules :)

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete