google info

Monday 14 March 2016

Listen to what I say, Do it, And DON'T ask questions!

 I have sat down for the last few days and have tried to knock out a few blog posts. Its been hard as soon as I set down and get it half written it feels so wrong. But I know Heavenly Father is working on me. I know that He is teaching me things through my children and its hard but its messages I need to learn.

Right now my big lesson is how to “becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father”

YEP! Its hitting me hard this week. Im dealing with my youngest child having issues listening. She is driving me up the wall. Im having a hard time with her. She wont listen, she wont do what is act, and she is driving me CRAZY!!!!

But then I sit there after I get mad and yell at her to listen to me and do what I say without question… BUT the thing is, am I listening to my Heavenly Father? Am I listening to his words? And am I doing what he asks me to do? Am I doing it without question?

And unfortunately my answer is no. Im not. I need to change. I need to listen to his small quiet voice. I need to listen to what he is telling me. I need to submit like my child.

We all have our faults. We all do wrong. Heavenly Father gave us agency. He gave us that lovely ability to choose. To choose to do the right, or to choose to do what is wrong, or choose to just not listen.

With Easter coming up it makes me think about something I studied with my boyfriend for scripture study. We studied about how Jesus went to the garden to pray. He went and asked Heavenly Father three separate times “O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done”

What heavy words. At that point Jesus submitted like a child to our Heavenly Father. He said three times that if Heavenly Father wont take it away he will do what Heavenly Father wanted. He submitted to God. WOW… crazy huh?

It also makes me think about how we don’t always get an answer the first time we pray. I was talking with Sister Jeppson and Sister Grant the missionaries that have helped me, and we talked on the phone about this. About how Heavenly Father doesn’t always answer us the first time we pray. It was after I was fasting and praying for an answer to something that has been weighing on my heart. I have fasted 2x and kept praying. I did not get the answer I wanted but I did have talks at church that have given me more guidance. It has also showed me that I needed to submit like a child and then I will get my answers.

I had to get up about 20 times during writing this. So im sorry if it’s a bit all over. But it reminds me that I do need to to listen to Heavenly Father. I need to pray. I need to submit and be able to give my whole self to God. That’s a hard one for me as im a person who wants things to go on my plans, but I know that is something God is working on me.


I pray for each and everyone of you reading that you can come like a child before our heavenly father. That you can come to him with that child like love, that you will listen to him, and do what he asks of you. It’s a hard thing to do, But you can do it. I know I can. And if we fail, we can ask for forgiveness and do better. Remember the church is not for perfect people. Its for us, the imperfect. 

3 comments:

  1. Your blog post didn't seem to be "a bit all over" at all!

    I read in another of your blogs that you love writing. Well, let me just say that your writing has not only made me think, but has brought me joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I don't get many comments on my blog. I try to write what Heavenly Father is teaching me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are most very welcome!

    I'm sure He is very pleased with your wonderful service to Him by teaching others His truths with your blog!

    You are following apostolic counsel...making excellent use of the internet, and teaching the gospel by both precept and example.

    It always seems a nit beyond my talents, but I am happy to support yours!

    ReplyDelete