google info

Tuesday 15 March 2016

Anger, Hurt, and Death

Today was a day that tested me like no other. I have been having disciple issues with my kids. They are not listening and acting out.  There biological father, my ex husband has refused to see them for 3 weeks, its going on almost a month. Its hurting them slowly and they are acting out like crazy.

I have been doing a good job controlling my anger. Keeping things in check. My new boyfriend has helped me emotionally and I have been a better mother and been yelling less at them. But today way a bad day. It was hard. There was screaming back and forth, they were hurting each other, being disrespectful and and angry. Today I let my temper flair and it scared me.

I sent them to their rooms, I went to mine, and I cried. I cried as I did not know what to do. I wanted more then anything to ask my mom for help. To have a spouse to tag and let them know I needed time out. I just wanted a break. But I had no one.

I had no one to talk to. I had no one to take my kids. I had no one to give me a break. And so I sat in my bed and and I cried. I cried very very hard. Its only a few weeks away till the anniversary of my mom’s death. I have been trying to find someone to watch my kids so I can just go away. I don’t want to be home for it. I don’t want to be here. I don’t want to be around anyone. I just want to hide away and cry.

I’m starting to slip in to a dark place. I’m so angry and hurt still. I hurt about so much. I hurt about my marriage going to crap. I hate that the man that I loved with all my heart and promised I would take care of till death do us part decided to abuse me, and hurt my kids. I hate that I had to see my mom taken from slowly over the years and then be the one to hold her hand as she died, and as she took her last breaths. I hate that I had to choose between what parent to take care of. I hate that I feel so alone. I hate that I have been abused so much that I don’t feel worthy of love and affection and that when my boyfriend shows he cares about me I feel like I’m not worthy of it. I hate that I want to sabotage relationships as I have been hurt so much in the past.


I don’t know really how to end this post. Dealing with a death of a loved one is hard. There is loads of guilt, and anger, and hurt. I feel lost and abandoned. Its at this point I want to push everyone away. I want to hurt others. But I’m trying so hard to take it one day at a time.

3 comments:

  1. President Dieter F. Uchtdorf said: "I marvel to think that the Son of God would condescend to save us, as imperfect, impure, mistake-prone, and ungrateful as we often are. I have tried to understand the Savior’s Atonement with my finite mind, and the only explanation I can come up with is this: God loves us deeply, perfectly, and everlastingly. I cannot even begin to estimate “the breadth, and length, and depth, and height … [of] the love of Christ."

    So please don't listen to the lies of the Adversary when he tries to tell you that you are not worthy of love and affection.

    God says you are.

    Who are you going to believe?

    Exercise your faith and believe God.

    Your children MAY be acting out because they fear that THEY are not loved, or lovable. So they may want some assurances that they are loved NO MATTER WHAT.

    I would suggest you hold each of them and let them know you love them. Completely, irrevocably, unconditionally, always.

    Accept God's love. Love yourself. Accept the love of others. And EVERYTHING WILL change for the better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats the hard thing. Accepting the love of others. I know that God loves me. I have a hard time loving myself.
      Coming from a abusive marriage its been hard to realize that I am worthy of love. and even then I still don't believe it a lot of the time.

      Delete
    2. I've been there.

      My then wife (now ex) had me believing that I was SO unlovable that when she had a miscarriage...I thought that the baby decided it would rather die than be with me.

      All lies.

      My ex had mental and emotional issues, People with such challenges can have wonderful celestial marriages.

      The thing we could not overcome was that she did not love me.

      So even though I was patient and loving and supportive...SHE didn't want those things from me.

      Every other guy, including other member guys that she dated, just wanted her for sex.

      I respected her.

      I looked good on paper. And I looked ...good enough.

      She felt she SHOULD love me...but it never happened.

      There is a certain amount of selflessness and sacrifice that goes into making a great marriage, which LOVE easily accommodates.

      When there IS not love...it becomes resentment.

      Your ex didn't love you.

      My ex didn't love me.

      Sounds like THEIR problem.

      It's a problem with THEM.

      It's NOT a problem with you.

      The truth is that we are both lovable and they suck.

      Why should the opinions of evil abusive people mean anything to us?

      Their opinions don't count.

      Delete