google info

Tuesday 16 August 2016

Can I submit that it's NOT his timing?

Do you have faith in Heavenly Father to submit to his will? To be ok with the fact that it may not be his timing for what you want?
Since I converted in February the verse in Mosiah 3 has rang true so much in my life.

becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father.

Are you willing to accept that it may not be heavenly fathers timing? Are you ok with that? I am reminded of Jesus when he went to the garden to pray. I did a scripture study with Ant Gawler and we read about how Jesus prayed to Heavenly Father to take this task away from him but only if it is Heavenly a Fathers will.

And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.

I think the hardest thing is knowing that it's not Heavenly Fathers timing for me to have an eternal companion. It's something that I know a lot of us struggle with. For me it's leading that I need to submit to Heavenly Father and his timing and not be that bratty child who stomps her feet and says NO! I want it NOW. I can't be like Verica Salt from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I need to trust in heavenly Fathers timing.

It means I can still pray for it. After all Jesus prayed multiple times to confirm that he needed to submit to Heavenly Fathers will.

It's hard. But I know my prayers are going to change. I need to learn to thank Heavenly Father for his timing. I need to thank Him for his timing and learn to submit to it.

I just wanted to share with you my ramblings at 5 am that Heavenly Father woke me up to read this Artical and then ponder it. Please enjoy reading it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment