google info

Tuesday 12 April 2016

Peace and preasthood blessings

This children's hymn has been through my head for the last few weeks. The simple lyrics convay so much.

I have always loved the sound of the rain. Many times listening to the rain with my mom while growing up. The fresh smell after it rained when everything was fresh again. Watching thunder storms when we visited my grandma in Alberta. Just the simple joy.

After my kids and I burried some of her ashes in Mexico at the base of a Ceba tree, one the Mayans hold dear because there roots go deep down to the earth, and they are the highest tree in the jungle reaching to the heavens.  I was heading out of the jungle with Sol Tamargo of Del Sol Photography and it was starting to rain. Then it stopped and we came upon this swarm of butterflies.

We got out and Sol grabbed her camera. As my kids and I walked up the butterfly's flew around us. So many different colours and types. I have never seen so many different ones. Then they flew away to the heavens.

I know that Heavenly Father helped this happen. So that after the rain and the rainbow and earth being fresh and clean once more I will remember my mother and her love, her smile, and her heart of giving and I know one day I will see her again. I know that families are forever and that the LDS church is true. I know that through preasthood blessings you can have a peace that the Holy Spirit can bring in to your life. And you know one day you will see your loved ones again.

1. I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain
And ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again.
2. I know when I am baptized my wrongs are washed away,
And I can be forgiven and improve myself each day.
Chorus
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain.
I want to be the best I can and live with God again.

2 comments: